First off, I have no idea if you guys can help me out since I'm on an EU server. No worries if you can't!
Where You Are
1. Please list the level, class, race and professions (and skill level) of your main and any alts above level 5 you have on your server, and on other servers if you plan to transfer them to your current server.
Level 85 human paladin- Blacksmithing (222) and Mining (330)
Level 85 human rogue- Engineering (202) and Mining (170)
Level 20 goblin warrior, which I suppose could be used for the neutral AH.
(I almost exclusivly play Alliance though)
I use a level 13 hunter for banking and using the AH, and have a bunch of other low level alts.
2. What type of server are you on (Normal, PvP, RP, RP-PvP) and what is its population level and faction balance?
Argent Dawn EU, RP realm. The population level is one of the (if not the) highest of all the EU servers. Not too sure about the faction balance, but I would guess at roughly 50/50
3. How much gold do you have across all your characters? Do you have any large quantity (stockpile) of potentially valuable items?
On my bank characters and my two level 85s, I have about 12-13k put together. My bank character have some goods;
5 stacks of Embersilk Cloth
2 stacks of Mageweave Cloth
2 Stacks of Iron Bars
1 Stack of Light Leather
14 Fel Iron Ore
23 Volataile Fire
13 Volataile Earth
13 Silver Bar
10 Gold Bar
Recipe: Savory Deviate Delight
Formula: 2h weapon, major spirit
Ace of Lunacy
4. Is there any in-game activity that you absolutely cannot stand and will not do? Approximately how much play time do you have in a typical week?
Raiding. Can't do it. My play time can be quite irregular, but in general I spend at least one full evening playing per week, and a couple of hours here and there. Note though, some times I play every day, sometimes I only manage a few hours that week.
Where You're Going
5. What is your short term gold making goal (e.g. Buy a Vial of the Sands)? It's best to define goals in specific terms instead of general terms; for instance, "100,000 gold" is specific but "never having to worry about being broke" is too vague to determine if you actually have achieved the goal.
6. What is your long term gold making goal (e.g. 100,000 gold)?
I'd like to say reaching goldcap, but let's say 500.000k for now.
7. Before now, what have you been doing to make gold?
Using the AH, mainly. Trying to find good deals.
8. How successful have you been? If you made less gold than you expected, or lost money, please try to describe in as much detail as possible the process you went through and what happened afterward. Remember, more detail is better.
I've made progress, but extremely slowly. I usually don't lose money since I'm extremely careful with what I buy. Probably too careful.
9. What aspects of gold making do you want to learn more about? What research have you done before now?
The Auctionhouse. I've browsed around various blogs and guides. However, I just can't seem to get the hang of the strategies they offer.
10. What is your tentative strategy for making more gold in the future?
Hopefully, the AH. I quite like the idea that I can put stuff up, go do something else and then come back and collect.
Thanks a bunch!