1. What level, class and race is your main? What professions does your main have and what level are they? Do your professions have specializations (e.g. Elixir Master Alchemy; Goblin Engineering)? Did you choose your professions in order to maximize your character's stats or to provide raid utility, and/or does your guild require you to choose specific professions?
85 Discipline Human Priest - 525 Enchanting/ 525 Leatherworking
2. What alts do you have (on both factions)? What professions do they have? Are they on separate WoW accounts?
75 Dwarf Shaman - 525 Transmute Alchemy/ 514 Jewelcrafting
85 Human Rogue - 500 Engineering/ 525 Mining
69 Dwarf Warrior - 450 Inscription/ 300 Blacksmithing
62 Troll Deathknight- 375 Mining/ 375 Herbalism
They are all on the same account, but I do have access to an account for cross faction trading.
3. What type of server are you on (Normal, PvP, RP, RP-PvP) and what is its population level and faction balance?
High population Normal realm 2.5:1 Alliance:Horde ratio
4. If applicable, have you learned any rare or unusual profession recipes (examples: Lifelike Mechanical Toad; Enchant Weapon - Mongoose)?
My enchanter has almost all BOA enchants (missing +4 stats to chest), have mongoose, have all WotLK enchants that aren't from raids, All Cata enchants except the high end weapon enchants and the boe bracer enchants.
My Jewelcrafter has Reverberating Shadowspirit Diamond, and as soon as I can find a decent price on Burning/Agile will be picking those up aswell.
5. How much gold do you have across all your toons on each faction/WoW account?
6. Do you have a large quantity (stockpile) of any particular items? For this, a large quantity means at least 40 bag slots dedicated to a single item or class of related items. If so, which items are these?
I haven't had time to build up much stock of anything in particular yet, all I have in this department is some saronite ore from the end of WotLK that I've been using for gems to do the Dalaran daily.
7. What is your short term gold making goal (e.g. Buy a Vial of the Sands)? What is your long-term gold making goal (e.g. 100,000 gold)? It's best to define goals in specific terms instead of general terms; for instance, "100,000 gold" is specific but "never having to worry about being broke" is too vague to determine if you actually have achieved the goal.
Short term goal: Vial of the Sands for me and a friend.
Long term goal: Gold capped by end of cataclysm.
8. Would you prefer to make gold by crafting, farming, dailies, auction house, using trade chat, something else? All of the above? Is there any in-game activity that you absolutely cannot stand and will not do? Approximately how much play time do you have in a typical week?
I would prefer to craft and use the AH as my main source of gold, but I am willing to do whatever it takes to bring in the most profit for my effort.
I can play 30+ hours a week.
9. Before now, what have you been doing to make gold? How successful has it been? If you made less gold than you expected, or lost money, please try to describe in as much detail as possible the process you went through and what happened afterward. Remember, more detail is better.
I haven't been trying to hard to make gold until about 2 weeks ago. Once I finally sat down and began to set my mind on gold making there are several things I tried. First thing I did was make a horde character so that it would be possible to do cross faction trading. I attempted some cross faction trading while leveling up my shaman to have the "golden triangle" as it seems to be referenced to here of enchanting/JC/alch. Once my shaman hit 75 I powered up my alch and JC.
Since then I have been doing my Dalaran and Cataclysm JC daily every day. I will be up to 3 of each today once I go home, so will be picking up my first inferno ruby cut. I have also been flying him out to Uldum to do a living elements transmute each day (9-11g Volatile Lifes to 21-24g Volatile Airs seems like a good deal to me!). I have been shuffling what I can get in the 40-50g range of Obsidium Ore. I picked up a Reverberating Shadowspirit Diamond recipe for 3k which seemed like a good deal since the next cheapest was 5.5k, in the day I have had it I sold 15 so I feel pretty confident that it was a good investment. Carnelians have been made into Spikes and DE'd. Zeph I have been cutting and vendoring the left overs after transmutes. I'm not sure what to do with my jaspers, hessonite, and alicite though. I could DE them but I have been vendoring them just to be safe until I get a bit more gold and confident in what I am doing, is this wrong? (4g Hypnotic dusts 10g Lesser Celestial Essence prices if that helps)
Another thing I have been doing that I dont see many doing is when I find Eternal Earth under 5g per I have been buying them and crafting rings to DE into WotLK mats which I then sell for double the investment.
I just finished up getting my triangle this weekend, with yesturday being my first full day able to take it and use it to its full effect and after buying my recipe I still ended up with about 4k profit for the day, so would of been 7k otherwise.
Just looking for opinions if Im doing something wrong, or something I could possibly be doing better? (DEing Hessonite/Jasper/Alicite instead of vendor?)
Any advice would be appreciated!