1. What level, class and race is your main? What professions does your main have and what level are they? Do your professions have specializations (e.g. Elixir Master Alchemy; Goblin Engineering)? Did you choose your professions in order to maximize your character's stats or to provide raid utility, and/or does your guild require you to choose specific professions?
85 Human priest - 509 enchanting + ~220 tailoring
enchanting was chosen because of ring enchants and ability to DE quest items for some cash
Tailoring was chosen because I want an awesome flying carpet and the tailoring only weaves for legs and back
2. What alts do you have (on both factions)? What professions do they have? Are they on separate WoW accounts?
70 NE druid on another server
bunch of lowbies on main server - thinking about leveling up another druid for gathering and a hunter/shaman for 2 more profession slots
3. What type of server are you on (Normal, PvP, RP, RP-PvP) and what is its population level and faction balance?
4. If applicable, have you learned any rare or unusual profession recipes (examples: Lifelike Mechanical Toad; Enchant Weapon - Mongoose)?Nothing yet
5. How much gold do you have across all your toons on each faction/WoW account?~9000
6. Do you have a large quantity (stockpile) of any particular items? For this, a large quantity means at least 40 bag slots dedicated to a single item or class of related items. If so, which items are these?I have quite a lot of lower enchanting materials as well as some scrolls that are from wrath. I have a bunch of cloth that I was piling up for leveling tailoring up
7. What is your short term gold making goal (e.g. Buy a Vial of the Sands)? What is your long-term gold making goal (e.g. 100,000 gold)? It's best to define goals in specific terms instead of general terms; for instance, "100,000 gold" is specific but "never having to worry about being broke" is too vague to determine if you actually have achieved the goal.short term goal: 50k -- long term goal: 250k+
8. Would you prefer to make gold by crafting, farming, dailies, auction house, using trade chat, something else? All of the above? Is there any in-game activity that you absolutely cannot stand and will not do? Approximately how much play time do you have in a typical week?I would prefer to make gold through crafting and the AH. I don't have tons of time consistently to do farming/dailies but if I need to spend some time doing that I will. I hate trade chat, it should die . My play time varies greatly with my job but I usually have at least an hour a day, up to 4 hours in a day.
9. Before now, what have you been doing to make gold? How successful has it been? If you made less gold than you expected, or lost money, please try to describe in as much detail as possible the process you went through and what happened afterward. Remember, more detail is better.Up to now most of my money was from DEing quest items and buying some lower ilvl gear off the ah and DE/resell. For the most part I have been profiting but it only works for as many items are on the AH that can be DE'd for profit. I haven't been selling scrolls on the AH because most of them are a loss with cost of mats. Tailoring I have done nothing with as its not maxed. I have browsed around the forums a bit here and found that a good combination of profs would be to have 2 gathering on one toon, and supplement with alch, enchanting, JC.
I would like so input as to what thoughts you guys have and what I should do to go about making some more cash
I know that it doesn't happen over night and that it will require some work input from myself but everything in life (and wow) is like that so I am prepared to work at it a bit!
Also, any addons that I should be using? Right now I use lilsparkysworkshop, auctioneer, and a mass mailing addon.
Thanks in advance dudes!